Acupuncture has immediate or cumulative therapeutic effects on acute pain and chronic pain in various situations, e.g. headache, musculo-skeletal injuries, fibromyalgia, arthritis, other inflammatory pain, neuropathic pain, cancer pain, etc.
For acute pain, even if sometimes the symptom looks very severe, general speaking acupuncture can work quickly. Many people can feel obviously and immediately relieved of the pain after treatment. Some conditions such as acute waist sprains, acute stiff neck, acute elbow pain, may be fixed completely in 1 or 2 treatments. However, some diseases onset acute with the background of the chronic injuries or organic diseases, such as cervical spondylopathy, prolapse of the lumbar intervertebral disc, should take more time to be relieved or cured.
Chronic pain is often defined as any pain lasting more than 12 weeks. Chronic pain not only hurts. It may also cause isolation and depression. Oppositely, isolation and depression will make the chronic pain worse. This is a vicious cycle. Acupuncture can help not only physical to relieve the pain, but also emotional to calm the spirit. Modern research showed that the essence of acupuncture is mainly the activation of the endogenous antinociceptive system to modulate pain transmission and pain response, resulting in the diminution of pain perception and aversive reactions. The effect of one session treatment may last different time in different cases. Generally speaking, 2 to 3 times treatments in one week continuously will be recommended. Lifestyle change and exercise will be educated to maintain the health. In some severe situation, 2 to 3 courses or even more treatments may be needed to cure the disease and rebuild up the balance of the whole body.
complicated diseases, such as ankylosing spondylitis, femoral head avascular necrosis，osteoporosis, acupuncture also can help to
relieve the symptoms.
Stroke and other paralysis
Acupuncture works well for other atrophy or paralysis due to peripheral nerve injuries, e.g. peripheral facial palsy, brachia plexus injury, median nerve injury, radial nerve injury, ulnar nerve injury, sciatic nerve injury, etc. Early intervention of acupuncture is important and patients have better results when treatments begin during the acute phase. For chronic patients with long-term deformities, more treatment and more complicated techniques should be combined together.
TCM gynecology has a long history more than 2000 years. Typically it includes 5 big categories: Menstrual disorders( Jing, 经), Leukorrea diseases (Dai, 带), Pregnancy related diseases ( Tai, 胎), Diseases related to childbirth and postpartum (Chan, 产), Miscellaneous diseases ( Za Bing, 杂病).
The common gynecological diseases we help in acupuncture and herbal medicine:
- Infertility, Threatened Miscarriage, Habitual Miscarriage, Morning sickness, other symptoms during pregnancy such as constipation, difficult urine, edema, anxiety, dizziness, abdominal pain, aphonia, cough
- Painful Period , Amenorrhea ( no period), Irregular Periods, Heavy or Scanty Period, PMS, Menopausal Syndrome, Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding
- Postnatal Depression, Persistent Lochial Discharge, Fever after Childbirth, Lack of Milk, Spontaneous Flow of Milk, other symptoms after childbirth such as abdominal pain, sweating, constipation, urinary difficulty, joint pain
- Excess Vaginal Discharge, Vaginal Itching, Prolapse of the Uterus, Endometriosis, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Breast Lumps, Myoma, Pelvic Inflammation
Other internal medicine diseases :
- Insomnia, Allergic Disease, Obesity, Anxiety, Depression, PTSD, Management of Diabetes, High Cholesterol , Hypertension
- Common Cold, Upper Respiratory Track Infection, Acute Bronchitis, Chronic Bronchitis, COPD, Bronchial Asthma
- Acute Gastritis, Chronic Gastritis, Peptic Ulcer, Gastroptosis, Intractable Hiccups, Neurotic Vomiting, Acute and Chronic Enteritis, Nonspecific Colitis, Crohn's Diseases, Irritable Bowel Symdrome Functional Constipation
- Overactive Bladder, Urinary Tract Infection, Non-obstructive Urinary Retention, Obesity, Diabetes, Anxiety, Depression, PTSD, High Cholesterol , Hypertension, Alzheimer's Diseases, Parkinson's Diseases, Thyroid health, Smoking Cessation
Skin diseases: Common Acne, Urticaria/Hives, Herpes Zoster, Eczema, Alopecia, Neurodermatitis
According to the data in 2013 Alzheimer’s disease facts and figures , one in nine people age 65 and older (11%) has Alzheimer’s disease...Many age-related diseases, such as AD, may begin 20 or more years before symptoms appear. What Can We Do to Prevent Aging and Age-related Diseases?
Traditional Chinese Medicine Opinion is : We should keep an eye to prevent aging starting from 35y（5x7) for female, from 40y(5x8) for male. If summarize the key points in Huang Di Nei Jing（黄帝内经）, the classical book of Chinese medicine formed 2000 years ago, we can get the conclusions: Good Sleep, Balanced Diet, Less Stress, Proper Exercise, Right Believing---Five Secrets for Anti-Aging! If you can follow the five rules, I am sure that you can look forward to a healthy, happy, peaceful future!
On the basis of your constitution, Chinese medicine also has some special techniques for anti-aging, but the final goal is to help your body to get a balance in physical and in spiritual.
Pediatrics Diseases: Infantile Enuresis, Infantile Indigestion, Autism, Children’s Cerebral Palsy, ADHD
骨骼肌肉运动系统损伤, 如急性腰扭伤,慢性腰肌劳损, 颈椎病，腰椎间盘突出症, 骨质增生症，骨质疏松症,周围神经损伤，外伤性瘫痪, 腱鞘囊肿, 肩关节周围炎, 纤维性肌痛综合征等
皮肤病, 如 痤疮，荨麻疹, 湿疹, 带状疱疹, 脱发, 神经性皮炎等
妇科病, 如 月经失调, 功能性子宫出血, 闭经, 痛经, 慢性盆腔炎, 更年期综合征, 乳腺增生症, 不孕症, 产后乳汁不良等
儿科病, 如小儿遗尿, 小儿消化不良, 脑瘫, 小儿多动症, 自闭症, 儿童精神发育迟滞等
五官疾病, 如 慢性鼻窦炎, 过敏性鼻炎, 急/慢性咽炎, 假性近视, 耳鸣等
内科杂病, 如 慢性支气管炎, 支气管哮喘, 冠心病, 中风后遗症, 老年性痴呆, 周围性面瘫, 三叉神经痛, 坐骨神经痛, 头痛, 神经衰弱症, 抑郁症, 慢性胃炎, 十二指肠溃疡, 胃下垂, 顽固性呃逆, 神经性呕吐, 慢性肠炎, 非特异性结肠炎, 功能性便秘, 脱肛, 慢性胆囊炎, 非梗阻性尿储留, 类风湿性及风湿性关节炎, 肥胖症, 失眠， 嗜睡等
世界卫生组织 (WHO) 推荐77种针灸适应症，包括神经系统疾病，骨骼肌肉系统疾病，内分泌相关疾病，消化道疾病，妇科病，免疫系统疾病，皮肤病，癌症放/化疗并发症，呼吸系统疾病，心血管系统疾病，老年性疾病, 酒精依赖症，烟草依赖症等.